Initiated in 1996 by a group of young artists and filmmakers, BEFF (Bangkok
International Film Festival) was created to present Bangkok with a dynamic
alternative to the mainstream motion picture. Film being the most prevalent
medium in contemporary culture, BEFF sought to bring alternative voices, methods
and rhythms into the heart of Thailand.
Plastique Kinetic Worms will be previewing video installations from BEFF3 from
both Thai and Asian artists and filmmakers.
Program 1 : 1 每 3 p.m. BEFF 3 每 Premier
1. Pure by Subohd Gupta, 10 mins., 2000 (India)
2. Miami Strips, Hollywood Dreams by Lee Chatametikool, 16 mm
w/optical sound, Color, 28 mins., Thai & English with
English & Thai subtitles, 1999
3. Experience of Lust by Zhou Xiaohu, 12 mins., 2000 ( PR.
4. Breaking News, Prapon Joe Kumjim, 3.20 mins., video, 2001.
5. ÖÖ.., Cui Xiu Wen, 9 mins, 2000 (PR.
6. LSD by Norasarn Tongpae, 4 mins, 2001
7. Dragon赤s Tale by Michael Shoawanasai, 21 min., 2000 (Thai/
8. Dilemma Remix by Kamol Phaosavasdi, 5 min, 2001 (Thailand)
9. Bus by Suparerk Pasatkaew, 3 mins., 2001,
10. Cover Girl : Gift from God by Nuyen Tan Hoang, 18 min, 2000.
(Vietnamese / USA)
Running time : 120 mins.